My partner has made it known that each piece is nice on it’s own and together they don’t quite work. From a distance it works. And as each is in effect only a muslin worked from the fabric stash, it works. The skirt can be worn for more formal occasions of which I never attend so it will end up as a donation.
The pattern is easy to use, the cut is good. An intermediate sewer will have no problems with either of these pieces. I loved putting it together.
I like the fit across the shoulders – it works for my broad shoulders. The waist on the jacket can work as is but can use a little more tapering for a more modern look. The front has a nice look though I do not recommend plaid unless you are able to match the pattern. I ended up lining the jacket as it is for a friend however I did not think of this until after I had done the button holes and top stitching. So the lining was attached with a quick slipstitch.
The belt is just a tie that I had kicking around as my black belt is currently hiding in a safe place. The contrast works for these photos.
I had a lot of fun with these patterns and I look forward to the next piece.