Well, almost finished as I write this. Just a quick press and the fasteners to do.
That may sound easy but I tend to get lost in the details. I found some terrific dragon flies in copper but where to put them!
The lining – I tacked the front pieces to the shoulder seams. I don’t always like to cut being somewhat intrigued by folds. The result is that the shoulders stay on the shoulders when wearing without any clasps or ties. Though to have more mobility when wearing a tie or clasp will be utilized.
To hem the lining I used a big hair clip to keep the wool up while pining the garment. It worked well.
I have a tendency to ware the garment before completion to get a feel for it. This cape feels good. I had originally left an opening for the arms in the front seams but while trying it out any movement of the arms away from the body were inhibited by the fount folds. To remedy this, I will add a cuffed opening at the sides of the cape but only when all else is done.